Monday, March 28, 2011

Connie-Airships

I have tried to imitate a watercolor look by outlining this beautiful image by Meredith Dillman
Plate #98 "Airships"
with Copic markers.
IRL it was a success.  I just don't think the beauty transfers via my scanner.
I dragged the large end of my blue Sketch marker across the
sky area but it shows up white here?

You will find this lovely image by
clicking


I layered the girl onto brown frame, then onto some dp by Tim Holtz
and then onto more brown.  I added a corner piece of blue
netting that has some white "bumps" in the bottom corner
that I have been hoarding for years.
Some brown pearls by Kaiser and it is enough.

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous Connie!! Love her hair and the blues and browns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish I could see this divine creature in person. I love the idea and from what I see here a big hit!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Connie. Love how you coloured this beautiful image so soft in those lovely brown and blue tones. With a closer look at you card I can see the blue lines.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie- I love the way you create and experiment. This is wonderfully understated as a watercolor look and the image really shines! Just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to just colour her hair. And I really like the blue background - looks like she's up in the air :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Connie, I love it. The background turned out awsome, it has such a nice 'airy' effect. Very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card reminds me of toile prints... and I adore that look! You did a grand job with the color choice and the layout as well..Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Connie. I love this image and you have made her stand out on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the soft, muted tones and your background was a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Connie! How artsy and cool! Love what you did with this image. Very steampunk indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you achevied the look you was wanting. I love the effect the yellow outline of her dress makes. It really looks so soft and I think the background looks awesome. Love this. I love seeing all the different techniques you do. Great job Connie.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see what you're saying Connie...sometimes cameras/scanners just can't do what we want them to! I looked at the close up though and think it's cool! I like your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this and followed Lisa's lead and looked close up. Definitely like this technique :-) great card, love the background too. Oh and I totally know what you mean about using up one's stash instead of hoarding it, lo.

    ReplyDelete