Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Little Red Riding Hood in Blue

Hi Sweet Pea Stampers,

I'm afraid my card today is quick one. Not a lot of embellishments but as with all of the incredible stamps at Sweet Pea Stamps, one uber cute little girl.

For my card I used one of the images from Ching Chou Kuik's Little Red Riding Hood series from Plate #65. Isn't she just the cutest? Like I said, not very many embellishments, just the gemstones.

The image is colored with Copics and after seeing Kym's gorgeous chalk backgrounds, I dug mine out. I still have to 'practice' some more, but I love the softness - just a hint of color. And since I used shimmery chalks, there's also a hint of shimmer.

I love coloring these images from Plate #65, they are so quick to color. And because they are not as detailed as chin chou kuiks fantasy art stamps, these stamps are perfect for paper piecing. What do you think? I think next time I'm going to try some paper piecing..... wanna join me?

Thanks so much for stopping by and if you haven't heard the news yet.... you are going to be in for a surprise so be sure to stop by the Sweet Pea Stamps shop!!! That's all I'm saying........ :-)

11 comments:

  1. Micki, she is adorable, I love her in blue. Your coloring on the is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue is better than red Micki!! You are thinkin' outside again and I love that!!
    I think your design really shines, is that a Spellbinder shape?
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, Micki, your coloring and shading are beautiful!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are beautiful Thinking out of the box with the blues!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  5. Micki, this is so adorable!! I LOVE the blue and brown color scheme!! This is the cutest!!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the round card in brown for the fall, it looks great with a girl in blue. I love a simple look for a card. You often think it's simple to make but then when you try to make one, it's not that easy!! It's a great design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Micki this is gorgeous! I love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the different shapes and the colourcombo is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Micki, you should not apologize for this being a quick card - I think it is perfect! I love the brown blue color combo and the circle shape with the 3 gems to accent it makes it so cute/unique! (Not to mention your beautiful coloring!) :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  10. she is adorable, I love the color you chose and the circular shape!

    ReplyDelete