Saturday, September 25, 2010

Cute little buttons

















I haven't felt like playing with paper lately, but rather with other materials where I can use my Sweet Pea stamps.
















Here I have made custom made Sweet Pea buttons. I've used nestabilities to cut out shapes in shrink plastic. I stamped with black staz on ink and set it aside to dry a while. When the ink was dry I coloured the images with oil pencils. Make sure to punch holes before you shrink the plastic. After you have shrunk them - either using a heatgun or oven - let it cool for a little while and ink the edges with a silver pen.
















You can colour it to fit any piece of clothing you want and the best part: you will never have to change all the buttons because you lost one and didn't have any extra.
















Stamps I have used:
pick a pumpkin plate 53
time flies, plate 38
red hearts, plate 28

11 comments:

  1. what a beautiful idea Katraina, I love your creations. This would turn any blouse into a unique peice of clothing. Thanks for sharing. I love them

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea, they turned out really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nifty idea Katarina!! They look so original, so unique.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome idea - and what a great way to show off something you love (like these beautiful stamps). TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cool! What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these Katrina! How fabulously creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katrina, these are truly magnificent! I thought so when I saw them on your blog! I think I will give them a try!!! Thanks for sharing your marvelous idea!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I would have never thought of that. Awesome idea!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet, what a great use of these images!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job Katarina!! I thought about doing this once on my daughters favorite blouse as it is her favorite and missing 3 buttons!! Now I just have to buy some shrinky Dink first!! The blouse looks beautiful!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, a woman after my own heart!! There's very little I love more than buttons and these are super great. What a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete