Thursday, August 20, 2009

Connie-Love Is Blind



But not so blind to miss this lovely dress! I made this card using an image from Plate #7, which is FULL of gorgeous images!

I layered everything with a black edging and sponged ColorBox Chalk "Olive Pastel" ink around edges of focal image. I stamped the dress once on white cardstock and again on some designer paper by Basic Grey "Lily Kate" and cut out the DP dress portion & layered that over my plain white image. "Paper Piecing" is what this technique is called.
I used the same Basic Grey paper as a background to match the dress and bring it all together. Added a small blue flower by Jolee's to finish it off.

I just realized that I did this without any coloring at all.....

If you want to see those lovely images on this plate just click HERE

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful card. I love the paper piecing and especially all the layers!!!

    ReplyDelete